About Me

My photo
Without walls and fences who needs windows and gates. Open source, opens minds, open yours today.. Yeah too cliche right. But there is truth in there somewhere.. :)

Saturday, June 9, 2012

XBMC 11.0 May Cycle

As XBMC moves into its monthly development cycle May (Clyde), I thought it would be appropriate to kick off this blog that has been long over do. I would like to thank everyone at the forum for their help along my journey and I would like to thank the developers for all their hard work on such a great media center, for without you none of this would be possible. I've been spending the past month working hard on getting some good new themes for the upcoming version of Confluence theme, which is the default skin up and going so people would be able to have many different colors to choose from, be it orange, yellow, pink or purple, whatever it might be your looking for and seeing if I can't create something to every ones liking. In the days ahead I will be posting pictures of my work as I find time to post them. What you see here is the fire theme created by the one and only Jezz_X, the designer of Confluence, and one of the best themes designers on the development team. After all who could forget JX720, a master piece in its own right, but I will save that for another post all together. And yet another beautifully done glowing green done by the legenday Jezz_X is called krytonite, the names says it all doesn't it? The wonderful thing about this version of confluence that I like the most is the ability to make a media package and color set and have a global backdrop that will allow one to customize artwork and package it into a xbt file and change easily from one theme to another. Of course you may be thinking changing themes has been done before in some fashion or another, and you would be correct, but not with a skin as lite as this one. That works wonderfully on a jail broke AppleTV and Rasberry Pi, I think not. In my upcoming post I will present you with some of the themes I have been creating, comments and feedback will be more then welcome, and if you would like to get involved in creating some yourself or getting into development head over to the forums and if you haven't an account tell em I sent you by following this link XBMC FORUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment